Vegan’s Vegetarian Chili Recipe, This is always my go-to chili recipe. I’m a vegetarian but all of my meat eating family and friends absolutely love this dish as well. You can add a diced jalapeno to add an extra spicy kick. It always turns out great and my friends beg me for the recipe!
Hearty and filling, perfect for fall and winter dinners.
Vegan’s Vegetarian Chili Ingredients:
- 1-tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced jalapeno pepper
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (15 ounces) rinsed and drained garbanzo beans
- ½ cup corn
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- 1-teaspoon sugar
- 1-teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1-teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese, and fresh basil leaves (optional)
Vegan’s Vegetarian Chili Cooking Instructions:
Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot.
Add onion, bell pepper, jalapeno pepper and garlic; cook and stir 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Transfer vegetables to slow cooker.
Add remaining ingredients except sour cream, cheese, and fresh basil leaves; mix well.
Cover; cook on low 4 to 5 hours.
Garnish with sour cram, cheese, and fresh basil leaves (if desired).
Sit back and enjoy!