Makes 8 servings (Prep time 30 minutes, cook time 40 minutes)
Triathlete’s Turkey Chili Ingredients:
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 2 small red or green bell peppers, finely chopped
- 2 pounds of 95% lean ground turkey
- 2 cans (14.5 ounces each) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) beef broth
- 1 cup water
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons chili poweder
- salt and black pepper as per your taste levels
- 1 can (15 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- Cooked rice or cornbread
- Sour cream, shredded Cheddar cheese and green onion slices for garnish (optional)
Triathlete’s Turkey Chili Cooking Instructions:
Heat oil in Dutch over. Add onions and peppers; cook and stir 3 minutes over medium heat.
Add turkey; cook for 3 minutes, stirring to break up the meat.
Stir in tomatoes, broth, water, tomato paste, chili powder, salt and pepper.
Bring to a boil. Then reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring often. If chili is too thick, add water ½ cup at a time as required until the desired consistency is reached.
Add beans and cook for 10 minutes or until beans are hot.
Serve with rich or cornbread.
Garnish with sour cream, cheese and green onion, if desired.