Quick-Fix Venison Chili Recipe. A very easy and fast chili recipe to try. When time is short, this us a great meal to prepare. While it simmers, heat up some refrigerated bread or biscuits in the oven, read the day’s mail, set the table and sip a nice cocktail!
Quick-Fix Venison Chili Ingredients:
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp. canola oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2½ lb. lean ground venison
- 1 can (15oz.) kidney beans, drained
- 1 can (11oz.) corn, drained
- 1 can (28oz.) whole tomatoes with juice
- 2 tbsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp. cumin powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. Cayenne pepper
- In a large stock pot or Dutch oven, sauté the onion in canola oil over medium heat.
- When the onions are translucent, add in the garlic.
- Continue sautéing until the garlic begins to turn slightly golden.
- Add in the ground venison and continue to cook.
- Stir to break up the venison and cook until all the meat is browned and add in the remaining ingredients.
- As you add in the tomatoes, break up the whole ones with your fingers or with a knife, if you prefer.
- Stir the mixture to blend the ingredients well.
- Heat to a gentle simmer, stirring occasionally.
- Cover and simmer for about 45 minutes.
- Serve with grated cheddar cheese and enjoy bread or biscuits such as Pillsburry.
Crock Pot Chilis 2013-08-10