Chili Prawns Taco Recipe, Another Mexican taco treats to prepare, who doesn’t like chili, prawns and tortilla anyway. A flavorful spicy shrimp taco with sour cream, top with fresh japaleno chilies, spring onions, tomatoes, and coriander.
Chili Prawns Taco Ingredients:
- 600g raw prawns, shelled and deveined
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 12 tortilla shells
- spring onions, chopped to garnish
- soured cream, to serve
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 green pepper, deseeded and diced
- 2 fresh hot green chilies, such as jalapeno, deseeded and finely chopped
- 3 gralic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- 1 tsp. brown sugar
- 450g ripe tomatoes, peeled and coarsely chopped
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- salt and pepper
- To make the sauce, heat the oil in a deep frying pan over medium heat and add the onion and cook for 5 minutes, or until softened.
- Add the pepper and chilies and cook for another 5 minutes, then add in garlic, cumin, coriander and sugar and cook the sauce for a further 2 minutes, stirring.
- Add the tomatoes, lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste and bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the prawns and parsley, cover and cook gently for 5-8 minutes, or until the prawns are pink and tender.
- Meanwhile, place the tortilla shells, open-side down, on a baking sheet and warm in a preheated oven, 180C (350F) for about 2-3 minutes.
- To serve, spoon the prawn mixture into the tortilla shells, top with fresh chopped green onions and a spoonful of soured cream.